I love Autumn. I used to not but now I do. It’s this unexplainable phenomenon. When I was younger I loved Summer. Now that I’m older I still like Summer but I LOVE Spring and Autumn. They are, without a doubt, my two favorite seasons. I never understood the switch. Why, all of a sudden, now that I’m older, do I like Autumn more than my sacred Summer? And I think I’ve narrowed it down.
1. I don’t live 15 minutes away from the ocean anymore. Which makes me sad and one day I hope to be that close again. But for now, I live a few hours away and so I can’t go to the beach every day. And what’s Summer without the beach?!
2. My home state of Florida and the city where I’m from is so laid back. Especially during Summer. Not so much here. Most people here are miserable in Summer because of the extreme heat and no ocean to go cool down in. It gets HOT and sticky. Hotter and stickier than Florida ever got.
3. I used to hate soups and pumpkin. To be fair I didn’t really hate them. I never really gave them a chance. I just assumed I wouldn’t like them. I mean butternut squash soup. YUCK. But when you actually try it, it’s super good. And pumpkin. Well let’s just say it’s something I look forward to all year round. Love the stuff.
4. I actually get to experience seasons now. I see the leaves change, the weather is cooler much sooner than it ever was in Florida this time of year. And I love watching the seasons change. I love explaining why the seasons change to my kids and I love being able to open my windows and smell the crispness in the air.
5. I used to hate sweaters and boots (GASP! I know). I was always playing sports when I was younger and didn’t have time to dress all nice and pretty. I had time for sports uniforms and that was it. Which was awesome but now that I’m older and not such a tomboy, I love me some boots. In fact, I’m currently looking for some nice, new brown boots. Too bad all the ones I want are WAY out of my price range. But a girl can look.
6. And most of all….I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. They are my two favorite holidays. I love all the decorations I can put up and all the things I can make. I love it.
And in honor of the first day of Autumn, I am sharing one of the easiest recipes ever. EVER. My daughter made these all by herself yesterday and they are super yummy. 2 ingredient Pumpkin muffins. That’s right. You read correctly. 2 ingredient. That’s it. Enjoy 🙂
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
1 box cake mix-I’ve seen yellow used but I used Spice cake mix and i recommend this one. Gives it more of a spiced pumpkin taste. Close to pumpkin pie.
1-15 oz can pumpkin Just regular old pumpkin in a can.
Now follow these instructions closely. Preheat oven to 350. Mix cake mix and pumpkin. If you have cupcake liners, use them. If not, spray with cooking spray first. Divide batter evenly into a muffin tin. Put muffin tin in the oven and bake. Mine took about 20 minutes but check them around 18 minutes. I usually just touch the top of the muffin and if it springs back at you, it’s done. If they sink in, they need more time.
That’s it. I had my first one for breakfast this morning and I froze half to use for breakfast during the school week. You can also make some cream cheese frosting and frost those babies for some gorgeous cupcakes or just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top for a little bit more sweetness and a dessert treat. But they are fabulous as is!