I reached my 34th week in this pregnancy yesterday and I realized that I really hadn’t done any pregnancy related posts. So I thought I’d fill you in. The cliff-notes version of course.
* This pregnancy has been almost identical to my pregnancy with Little Man. I mean seriously almost an exact match. Little Man was a bit easier but I think that’s because I only had one child to chase after instead of now having two children.
* My weird pregnancy cravings have included fruits and vegetables and just recently vanilla pudding (the instant kind that you have to mix with milk) mixed with berries. YUM 🙂
* These cravings aren’t helping me with gaining weight which my Dr. has had to lecture me on. But I promise I’m eating. Give me an entire carton of raspberries and this is one happy girl. Or blueberries or strawberries and grapes those sound amazing too.
* This child has decided that he loves to kick the crap out of my insides as soon as I sit down to relax. His favorite time to get wild and crazy is as soon as I lay down to go to sleep. It’s awesome.
*I’ve NEVER had trouble sleeping during any pregnancies until now.
* Chasing and taking care of two wonderful kids while being pregnant with your husband off saving the world is hard. Very hard. But we’re making it work and my kids are seriously awesome because they both help me out when I’m not feeling well. Except for today. They seem to not be getting along at all today.
Now don’t get me wrong. I have been blessed with pretty easy pregnancies and I know how truly lucky and blessed I am. But this one has definitely been the hardest of them all. And I can’t just tell my husband to take over with the kids while I go lay down to get away from the chaos. Right now, I’m on my own and it’s been a tad bit overwhelming. But I’m taking everything day by day and learning that sometimes I have to ask people for help and it’s OK to do that. It’s OK to admit defeat and ask for help. And it’s even OK to break down and cry to your husband while video chatting because you’re overwhelmed. I try to be strong all the time and I’ve come to the realization that I have so many people in my life to help me and that want to help me and that it’s OK to ask for help. Always remember it’s OK to ask for help.
So what’s the dilemma you ask? Well here it is.
We have no name. This baby boy is going to be named Boy if we don’t figure something out. Or Starsky or Hutch or Maverick or Goose…
Point is we have no name. Sure we have a short list of “maybe” names going but that’s about it. I’m thinking that list will be going to the hospital and when we see this little boy’s face we’ll know but until then baby boy is going to be stuck with the name Boy. And I’m definitely not OK with that. We could name him Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark…Maybe even Thor…That’s it THOR!
Help me. I need to be stopped. Baby Boy it is.