I’m on Christmas Vacation. It’s awesome. I love Christmas and everything about the holidays. I know I’ve said this before but it’s absolutely true. Before being on vacation, I made some holiday cookies to send to work with the hubs and as a gift to Little Miss’ teacher. On the list were Oreo truffles. The ingredient list was short which was awesome. I mean 3 ingredients…how can you go wrong with that?!
These were delicious. Rich, so you could only eat one or two at a time and super easy. The hardest part was dipping them in the chocolate and that wasn’t even that hard. You could do so much with these too. I used regular oreos with semi-sweet chocolate to dip them in but you could easily use white chocolate or milk chocolate. You could use the mint oreos they have which would be super yummy. The recipe is easily changed to your liking. But as is, it is simply delicious.
Recipe from: Allrecipes.com
1 16 oz pkg Oreo cookies
1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese softened ( I used reduced fat and they were super yummy)
2 8oz pkg Bakers baking chocolate (whichever kind you want. Semi-sweet was awesome) You could also get chocolate chips in any flavor and use those or I’ve heard that almond bark is really tasty too.
1. Take your oreos and smash them up really good. You can use a food processor or pound out some aggression and smash them to bits yourself.
2. Take softened cream cheese and mix together with oreos. Once mixed stick in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or so. This helps when you roll them.
3. Roll oreo mixture into balls about 1 inch or so in diameter. They don’t have to be perfect. Once rolled stick them back in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour to make them easier to dip.
4. Melt chocolate. You can do this in the microwave or in a double broiler.
5. Take oreo balls and dip them into chocolate. You can set the balls on a fork and dump them in, roll around until coated, and take them out or a spoon, or if you like getting your hands dirty you can use your hands. I’ve heard a slotted spoon works well. I used the fork method and it worked fine.
6. Once done with dipping refrigerate until firm about an hour or so. Enjoy 🙂